What can we do for you at the UN?

Has someone violated your right to freedom of religion or belief (which you own under Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)?
Please read the following carefully:

The Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief has invited governmental & non-governmental organizations, religious or belief communities as well as individuals to submit any reliable information they may possess with regard to potential or actual violations of the right to freedom of religion or belief. [source: Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Right]

Accordingly our website offers you the ability to notify us of the violation of your rights as protected under Article 18.

This can be done confidentially using our anonymous webform.  (You do not need to identify yourself by name or address).

  We will forward your anonymous allegation to the Special Rapporteur for his use in compiling reports. But because you will not be identifiable by it, there can be no intervention on your behalf, such as an Urgent Appeal
If you are seeking such an intervention, you may prefer to send your allegation directly to the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) at Geneva, in which case please go here.

But please understand that regarding confidentiality, the OHCHR says:

as a general rule, the existence and content of both urgent appeals and letters of allegation remain confidential until a summary of such communications and the replies received from the State concerned are included in the Special Rapporteur’s report to the Human Rights Council. 

– from Individual complaints & model questionnaire of the UN Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief

If confidentiality is a concern for you, but you would like still to submit an allegation, please use our WebForm in the sidebar menu…


Email This Page Email This Page